Postponement / Cancellation of Application
Candidates who postpone or cancel their application after the closing date will be liable to forfeit the full test fee. Candidates who are absent due to illness must provide appropriate medical evidence within 5 days of the test date to support their absence. They will then be able to sit for the test within three months of the original date.
Change of Test date
A change of test date is possible and free of charge if the request is received before the closing date of the Test. Please note the new date must be within three months of the original date. If you would like to change your test date, please use our Transfer / Refund Form and email it to email@example.com
Illness on the Test day
If you are ill on test day, please notify the IELTS team by phone or email. We will require the following documents within five working days of the test date:
- An original medical certificate covering the Test Date
- A completed Transfer/ Refund Form
- If we have not received the required documentation by the fifth working day after the test, you will be marked as absent and forfeit all claims. Copies sent by fax or email are not accepted.
- If both documents reach us within the deadline you have two options: a refund of the test fee, less the administrative fee of €40.00 or a single transfer to a new test date (within three months of the original test date).
- Candidates who opt for a transfer to a new test date and who are ill on the second test date are not entitled to a refund of the test fee nor to any further transfer to a new test date.