The Internationalisation Committee
The mission of the Malta Chamber Internationalisation Desk is to help members internationalise. This mission is divided into three strands:
- Service Projects
- We organise, and participate in the organisation of events and activities, with the aim of facilitating internationalisation and raising awareness about the subject. This includes the organisation of information meetings on doing business in different countries, Trade Missions abroad, as well as business delegations visiting Malta.
- We collaborate with other relevant organisations in Malta, primarily Malta Enterprise and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Through this collaboration and networking, we seek to give business a voice, and assist in shaping the national policies and activities in trade and investment promotion.
- We also liaise with international business organisations, in order to keep members up-to-date on internationalisation opportunities.
- We also have a collaboration agreement with BoV and HSBC, who are also sponsors of the Malta Chamber.
- We play a part in the system of consultation, at a national- as well as at an EU level, and issues concerning international trade fall under the internationalisation desk.
- We contribute to the national debate about internationalisation and seek to raise awareness about the issue, in order to encourage more companies to begin the journey of internationalisation.
- We systematically survey Maltese companies to map-out their internationalisation activities and organise this data, allowing us to contribute to discussions with our national partners, about the direction of the nation's internationalisation support.
- We respond to member inquiries and visits concerning international business with a focus on assisting members or collaborating partners, as well as paying customers.
Mr Peter Grima - Chairman
Mr Tonio Casapinta
Mr Michael Farrugia
Mr Karl Aquilina
Mr Kevin J. Borg
Mr Klaus Pedersen
For further information on this Committee, please visit International Business Services, on the home page.