Publications and Media
The Chamber provides general information on its activities through its publications, which are the weekly Chamberlink, The Commercial Courier (bi-monthly), Press Releases; Special Reports and Policy Papers which are issued according to necessity on an irregular time-frame and daily updates on the Malta Chamber’s Business Portal.
Members also enjoy a free listing on the Chamber's B2B directory on the portal.
The Chamber also provides a wide portfolio of services to its members:
Business Advisory and Assistance through the Enterprise Europe Network
- Learn about EU programmes and apply for grants
- Information meetings on issues of concern as and when required
- Seminars on topical subjects not only sector specific but also policy related (impacting wide range of businesses such as maternity leave; disability; energy tariffs; corporate social responsibility; transport; enterprise policy; etc)
- Find out about sector-specific laws and regulations in other countries
- Assistance may be provided on economic and trade conditions abroad through overseas Chambers of Commerce and Enterprise Europe Network partners, as and when necessary
Defining and promoting the interests of members:
- Sector Specific Business Sections meetings for consensus building
- Horizontal Committees with issues affecting all sectors
- Influencing the content of policies and regulation
- Consultation and feedback on European Union policies to EU policy makers as well as local authorities
- Representation by major international organisations including BUSINESSEUROPE and EUROCHAMBRES
- Company visits to educate members and promote best practices
- Linking theory and practical application
- Business Councils
- Horizontal Committees
- Information + Networking Events on ‘Doing Business With’ seeking to educate and promote business between Malta and specific regions or countries
- Assistance through the Enterprise Europe Network in arranging meetings with potential partners at Brokerage Events
- Assistance through the Enterprise Europe Network in finding potential partners through company missions
- Assistance through the Enterprise Europe Network in joining cooperative research projects at transnational level
- Assistance through the Enterprise Europe Network in finding clients and co-operation partners for your products and processes
- Assistance through the Enterprise Europe Network in finding innovative technological solutions for your product development
- Assistance in promoting your innovative technologies
- Assistance through the Enterprise Europe Network in SME Advisory services
- Assistance through the Enterprise Europe Network in Internationalisation seminars
- Networking: Ideal networking environment through frequent events organised by the Chamber, including seminars, conferences and information meetings, as well as on a more informal level through its social events
Other General Services
- Certificates of Origin & Authentication of Documents
- Licenses for Commercial Agents:Issuing licenses to Commercial Agents as required by law. This involves the vetting and processing of each application by a special screening commission. Complaints alleging malpractice by licensed Commission Agents are investigated by the Council and, when circumstances so warrant, the Malta Chamber is required by law to report the relevant circumstances to the office of the Attorney General.
- Accreditation:Introducing members to business organisations, at home and overseas, and to institutions and Government departments.
- ATA Carnets:Issuing of ATA Carnets for the purpose of allowing the temporary importation of goods, free of Customs Duties, without the necessity of raising bonds or depositing amounts for duty and of completing Customs documentation in foreign countries. An ATA Carnet is an indispensable document used when taking samples or professional equipment abroad or participating in foreign exhibitions.
- Beneficial packages through the organisation’s sponsorship agreements: Members can benefit through the Malta Chamber’s sponsorship agreements with HSBC and Bank of Valletta.
- Examination Services (see IELTS)
- Preferential rates when using Malta Chamber premises and facilities