Postponement or Cancellation of Application
Candidates who postpone their application more than 5 weeks before the test date must pay an additional administration fee of €55. Candidates who cancel their application more than five weeks before the test date will receive a refund of €150 (equivalent to the application fee, excluding the administration fee of €55). Candidates who postpone or cancel their application less than five weeks before the test date will be charged the full test fee.
Illness on the day of the test
If you are ill on test day, please notify the IELTS team by phone or email. We will require the following documents within five working days of the test date:
- An original medical certificate covering the Test Date
- A completed Transfer/Refund Form
- If we have not received the required documentation by the fifth working day after the test, you will be marked as absent and forfeit all claims. Copies sent by fax or email are not accepted.
- If both documents reach us within the deadline you have two options: a refund of the test fee, excluding the administrative fee of €45, or a single transfer to a new test date (within three months of the original test date).
- Candidates who opt for a transfer to a new test date and who are ill on the second test date are not entitled to transfer to a new test date or to a refund of the test fee.
Test Report Forms and Complaint Process
The test results are sent out by registered mail 13 days after the test date. Please note only one personal copy of the Test Report Form can be sent to each candidate. Due to IELTS policies and procedures, we are not able to release the results earlier, nor are we allowed to give you any information regarding your results over the phone, in person, by fax or via email.
Valid for only two years
It is important to note that IELTS Test Report Forms are valid for two years. Your Test Report Form is a valuable document and you should keep it safe and secure because it cannot be replaced.
You can view your results here.
Additional Test Report Forms
Please note you are permitted to nominate up to five institutions or organisations on your Application Form. Any such requests for the TRF to be forwarded to international ‘Recognising Organisations’ will incur a postal fee of €5 per TRF.
Additional copies of your Test Report Form can be sent directly to institutions on your behalf within the two years of their validity. You may ask for your results to be forwarded by downloading this application for additional TRF forms. Please complete the form and return it to us along with a copy of your valid/not expired identification document. The fee for each TRF is €15. Forms that have been sent without an identification document and fee will not be processed. The IELTS Malta Centre Number is: MT012.
Enquiry on Results
If you are not satisfied with your result, you may apply for an Enquiry on Results, which is a review of the individual and/or final score received on the Test Report Form. This request must be made within six weeks of the test date on the Test Report Form.
You will need to provide the following:
- Completed Enquiry on Result Form (EOR).
- Payment of €100 (this is composed of €30 non-refundable administration fee and €70 which will be refunded to you should your score improve as a result of this re-evaluation).
- Original Test Report Form (a copy is not acceptable).
- A copy of a valid identification document
The request for review will be forwarded by the IELTS Test Centre to The British Council. The British Council will notify the IELTS Test Centre of the result within 6–8 weeks of receipt of the candidate's test materials. The IELTS Test Centre will send a letter to the candidate, along with the final score as marked by The British Council.
The Enquiry on Results Form and attachments must be sent to the IELTS Administrator at the Test Centre where you wrote your IELTS test.
Please note the following points:
- There is no appeal after this review. The decision is final.
- During the period of remarking, the test results are frozen, and cannot be used to apply for a University or be sent to an immigration office. Any extra TRF application lodged during this period will be regarded as invalid.
- Should the scores change after the Enquiry on Results, we will issue a new Test Report Form for the candidate.
- When the score is unchanged, the original Test Report Form will be returned to the candidate.
- The candidate’s full contact address, postal code and daytime telephone number must be provided on the Application Form for Enquiry on Results.
Test Day Complaint Form for Candidates
Prior to the commencement of the IELTS test, an invigilator will read from a script which outlines test conditions, expected candidate behaviour and the complaint process. It is important to listen carefully during this presentation.
If you feel certain issues have affected your performance, advise an invigilator immediately. If you wish to make a formal complaint, ask for a ‘Test Day Complaint Form for Candidates’, fill it up and submit it immediately to an invigilator. This form cannot be accepted unless submitted on the test day.
IELTS Malta will investigate the matter and will contact you to obtain further information or provide you with an outcome. We address all concerns in a timely manner.