On Tuesday, The Malta Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise and Industry, in collaboration with WH Partners, Bronze Sponsors of The Malta Chamber, organised the event titled: 20 years of iGaming in Malta: Are we at a crossroad? The event was supported by GamingMalta Foundation.
Various local and international leaders and prominent players within the industry addressed the attendees including Silvio Schembri, Minister for Economy, European Funds and Lands and Pontus Lindwall, President and CEO of Betsson AB and Ivan Filletti, CEO of GamingMalta Foundation.
The event highlighted several opportunities and challenges that the iGaming industry faces through 5 panels:
1. Maltese licenses: evolution, utility and what to expect next over the next 20 years
2. Tax: Can Malta’s challenges be turned into opportunities?
3. Online gaming’s local domino effect
4. Online gaming spin-offs, new businesses and fueling digital entrepreneurship in Malta
5. Can regulatory & AML compliance become a competitive advantage?
A networking session followed. The coffee networking breaks were sponsored by Costa Coffee.