Despite Cancelled Flights, Ryanair Is Doing Better Than Ever

3rd October 2017

The airline announced last month that thousands of flights would be cut from schedules in September and October.

Low-cost airline Ryanair said it flew 11.8 million people in September, 10 per cent more than in the same month in 2016, despite the disruption caused by a wave of cancelled flights.

The airline announced last month that thousands of flights would be cut from schedules in September and October.

In its statement, Ryanair repeated its apology to those affected by the cancellations and said it had refunded or re-accommodated 98 per cent of them, adding that the other 2 per cent had yet to contact the airline.

"We again sincerely apologise to our customers for these deeply regretted cancellations," said Kenny Jacobs, Ryanair's chief marketing officer.

Ryanair also said its planes were 97 per cent full in September for the third month running.

Ryanair initially offered affected passengers a £40 voucher per cancelled flight as a way to apologise for the cancelled flights. This fell short of European rules governing flight cancellations and passenger rights.

Ryanair was eventually forced to bow to regulator demands and spell out the options on offer to affected passengers.


26th September 2017

A hard Brexit could cause twice as many job losses in the European Union as in the UK, and Malta could be among those worst hit, economists based in Brussels have warned.

22nd September 2017

UK Prime Minister Theresa May has stated that the UK should stay bound by EU rules during two-year implementation period, during which time, Britain would maintain access to EU markets.

18th September 2017

Ryanair has announced that it will cancel 40-50 flights every day for the next six weeks.

14th September 2017

The UK government will target a ‘bespoke’ deal with the EU to protect the City of London and the financial services sector after Brexit, Chancellor Philip Hammond has said.