The 6th edition of the Malta Communications Authority’s (MCA) eBusiness Awards was held yesterday at the Mediterranean Conference Centre, Valletta.
These awards which showcase and encourage new ideas and best practice in the eBusiness sphere, have become an important annual appointment in the ICT calendar of activities in Malta. Twenty six, out of a record fifty five nominations made it to the finals across the eight categories awarded on the night.
The awards and the winners
- Best eGovernment Initiative – Jobsplus.gov.mt (developed by ICON)
- Best App –Malta Public Transport’s Tallinja (developed by Alert Communications)
- Best Business-to-Business – Shireburn’s Indigo Payroll
- Best Business-to-Consumer – Maltapost’s SendOn and Easypik (developed by Ascent Software and Swipbox AG).
- Best ICT Academic Dissertation - Daniela Bartolo (Malta’s digital economy: developing connectivity for a small EU Member State)
- Best Tech Startup – The Student Campus
- Best Social Media Campaign – New York Best (developed by ANCHOVY) – selected through 50 per cent public voting
- Best Use of Technology in Business Transformation - Pharmacy Of Your Choice’s ‘Beyond an ERP Solution’ (developed by PTL Ltd.)
Minister for Competiveness and Digital, Maritime and Services Economy Dr Emmanuel Mallia, who presented the final award, said that the solutions presented during these awards indicated Malta’s growing tech-ecosystem, which continued to establish itself as a major driver of our economy, and an important contributor to Malta’s economic success.
MCA Chairman Dr Edward Woods praised the record number of nominations received for this edition and acknowledged that this was a direct reflection of both a vibrant local ICT sector, as well as an indication of the high profile that the MCA eBusiness Awards have acquired in the ICT ecosystem during the last six years.