Pre-Budget Proposals discussed included Pre-Budget proposals on New Builds, Renovation, Waste, Excavation and demolition, rating of building materials.
“The development and the construction industry must improve and evolve with full respect for Malta and Gozo’s heritage, history, culture, natural environment and well-being”, Dr Marthese Portelli, The Malta Chamber CEO said during a meeting which she lead.
Present for this meeting were Ing Patrick Spiteri Staines, Chair of the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Thematic Committee, Head of Policy at The Malta Chamber Kevin Mizzi and Policy Executive Ing Stefan De Marco. The delegation met with Minister for Public Works and Planning Stefan Zrinzo Azzopardi, to discuss Pre-Budget proposals on New Builds, Renovation, Waste, Excavation and demolition, rating of building materials.
During this meeting the following subjects were raised:
• improved communication efforts between BCA and the Planning Authority with the aim of better compliance and enforcement
• moving towards NetZero buildings by increasing take-up of sustainable building materials
• the current state of the Building Codes, Fire Regulations and Building Passport
• the vital role of contractor licensing
• the need for an education and awareness campaign highlighting legal requirements, in particular those regarding energy efficiency
• the importance of ensuring that BCA has the necessary skilled and specialized resources