Funding Programme: Horizon Europe
Scope: The project’s overarching aim is to create an Excellence Hub in Mediterranean fruit supply chains. It is:
- an initiative to strengthen Mediterranean innovation excellence in innovation ecosystems focusing on the production of nutritious food products and the valorization of food industrial side-streams.
- a cross-border collaboration between Greece, Malta and France on a common strategy on strengthening the Mediterranean food added-value chains.
- To develop excellent and sustainable place-based process innovation ecosystems in Malta and Greece that contribute to the production of added-value food products and reduce waste along the food chain.
- To create joint R&I strategies in teaming and developing concrete action plans and common investment plans for R&I in the area of food processing.
- To create R&I pilot projects demonstrating food processing and valorization activities that reach a TRL 7.
- To create new business opportunities especially for SMEs in the area of waste processing, and the production of functional foods.
- To achieve improved knowledge transfer and development of entrepreneurial skills while up-taking innovative green technologies in the area of food processing valorization.
- To develop new competencies and skills for researchers, entrepreneurs and professionals in R&I domains of food science and creation of poles of attraction for talents in Greece and Malta.
- To raise public and scientific awareness by providing effective dissemination and exploitation of project’s outcomes through scientific events open to all parties/stakeholders including industrial/commercial user groups.
- ETHNIKO KAI KAPODISTRIAKO PANEPISTIMIO ATHINON Greece Coordinator
- ELLINIKOS GEORGIKOS ORGANISMOS – DIMITRA Greece
- ENOSI KATANALOTON POIOTITA TIS ZOIS Greece
- SmartAgroHub S.A Greece
- UNIVERSITA TA MALTA Malta
- MGARR FARMING CO LTD Malta
- Malta Food Agency Malta
- SYNDESMOS ELLINIKON VIOMICHANION TROFIMON SOMATEIO Greece
- PERIFEREIA ATTIKIS Greece
- MALTA LIFE SCIENCES CENTRE LIMITED Malta
- CENTRE INTERNATIONAL DE HAUTES ETUDES AGRONOMIQUES MEDITERRANEENNES France
- ELLINIKI VIOMICHANIA CHYMON KON. DEDES ASPIS ANONYMI ETAIREIA Greece
- KOPERATTIVI MALTA Malta
The Malta Chamber Role: Partner
Value to Members: Providing industry with feedback from consumers on products developed from primary foods, and the sharing of best practices on sustainable practices and optimisation of the food value chain in production.