Funding Programme: Horizon Europe
Scope: The project’s overarching aim is to create an Excellence Hub in Mediterranean fruit supply chains. It is:
- an initiative to strengthen Mediterranean innovation excellence in innovation ecosystems focusing on the production of nutritious food products and the valorization of food industrial side-streams.
- a cross-border collaboration between Greece, Malta and France on a common strategy on strengthening the Mediterranean food added-value chains.
- To develop excellent and sustainable place-based process innovation ecosystems in Malta and Greece that contribute to the production of added-value food products and reduce waste along the food chain.
- To create joint R&I strategies in teaming and developing concrete action plans and common investment plans for R&I in the area of food processing.
- To create R&I pilot projects demonstrating food processing and valorization activities that reach a TRL 7.
- To create new business opportunities especially for SMEs in the area of waste processing, and the production of functional foods.
- To achieve improved knowledge transfer and development of entrepreneurial skills while up-taking innovative green technologies in the area of food processing valorization.
- To develop new competencies and skills for researchers, entrepreneurs and professionals in R&I domains of food science and creation of poles of attraction for talents in Greece and Malta.
- To raise public and scientific awareness by providing effective dissemination and exploitation of project’s outcomes through scientific events open to all parties/stakeholders including industrial/commercial user groups.
- ETHNIKO KAI KAPODISTRIAKO PANEPISTIMIO ATHINON Greece Coordinator
- ELLINIKOS GEORGIKOS ORGANISMOS – DIMITRA Greece
- ENOSI KATANALOTON POIOTITA TIS ZOIS Greece
- SmartAgroHub S.A Greece
- UNIVERSITA TA MALTA Malta
- MGARR FARMING CO LTD Malta
- Malta Food Agency Malta
- SYNDESMOS ELLINIKON VIOMICHANION TROFIMON SOMATEIO Greece
- PERIFEREIA ATTIKIS Greece
- MALTA LIFE SCIENCES CENTRE LIMITED Malta
- CENTRE INTERNATIONAL DE HAUTES ETUDES AGRONOMIQUES MEDITERRANEENNES France
- ELLINIKI VIOMICHANIA CHYMON KON. DEDES ASPIS ANONYMI ETAIREIA Greece
- KOPERATTIVI MALTA Malta
The Malta Chamber Role: Partner
Value to Members: Providing industry with feedback from consumers on products developed from primary foods, and the sharing of best practices on sustainable practices and optimisation of the food value chain in production.
Project Website: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter